38th Chicago International Children’s Film Festival (CICFF)
Call for entries
(Feature and short films, children and youth films)
The Chicago International Children’s Film Festival (CICFF) is currently accepting applications for its 2021 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival via FilmFreeway.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- All submitted material must have a copyright date of 2021, 2020, or 2019;
- Submissions must be suitable for children ages 18 and under;
- There is no premiere requirement, but premiere status (World, international, U.S., Chicago) is a factor weighed during the selection process
- Only completed works can be submitted, works-in-progress will not be screened;
- All films whose original language is something other than English must be subtitled or dubbed into English. All films titled in a language other than English must have their titles translated into English, except in cases where the title is a proper noun.
Founded in 1984, the CICFF is the oldest and largest film festival for kids in the world. During the 37th season in 2020, Chicago presented 262 films from 52 countries virtually over the course of ten days.
The Chicago International Children’s Film Festival aims to set an internationally recognized standard of excellence in film production for children and youth. The festival strives to support the work of talented and dedicated filmmakers by showcasing international films of the highest quality and awarding prizes in multiple categories of production formats and genres. The film experiences of young viewers are deepened through a broad range of programs which extend Festival film viewing into discussion and learning.
Films that win first prize from the Professional Jury in the category of Live-Action Short Film or Animated Short Film are eligible for the Academy Awards consideration.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a feature film in the Festival for applications to its International Festival participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890