51st Tampere International Short Film Festival | XYZ Generation
Call for entries
(Short films, genre films)
Tampere Film Festival is thrilled to announce a new competition in our 2021 edition, presented in collaboration with XYZ Films. The competition will focus on short-form genre films, with films in the thriller, horror, sci-fi, action, and fantasy categories.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival via Film Freeway.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry Fees: Yes
The XYZ Generation competition is open to films that meet the following criteria:
- Genre films (thriller, horror, sci-fi, action, and fantasy)
- Maximum length 30 minutes (including credits)
- Completed 1st of January 2019 or later
- Completed productions only (working copies will not be previewed)
- Film can be submitted only once. If you have submitted your film to Tampere 51st International Short Film Festival’s International or National Competition and would like to submit the same film to Tampere Film Festival Genreation XYZ Competition, please let us know by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org We will offer you a free waiver code for your submission.
- Premiere status not required
- Screening copy must be in or subtitled in English
The Festival of Tampere is one of the oldest and the most prominent independent short film festivals in Europe. 30 000 professionals and audience members attend the event. The festival presents several awards including the “Best film award” in the international competition with a cash prize of €5,000.
The Festival is one of 60 festivals around the world recognized by the Academy Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and the Best short in the international competition will qualify for a submission into the Academy’s Oscars Best Short Film Award category. In addition to the main competition, the festival has three Category Prizes; fiction, animation, documentary (categories include Experimental).
In addition to screenings, the Festival hosts an international market. All the shorts selected in competition are automatically entered in the market online film library and available for individual viewing for accredited professionals during the month of March.
Telefilm Canada recognizes a selection in the Festival for application to its International Festival participation Program.
Promotion and Communications
Telefilm Canada, Montréal
1 800 567-0890