Frontieres | Platform Cannes
Call for projects
(Feature films in development or in post-production, Fantastic and genre films)
Frontières Platform in Cannes is currently accepting applications for its Proof of Concept Presentation and Buyers Showcase.
Please note that projects must be submitted directly to the market.
- Entry fees: NO
- Participation fee: YES
- projects must qualify as feature-length
- projects must qualify as “genre” in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller
- projects must be in a post-production stage
- projects must be seeking sales agents or buyers
- submissions can originate from any territory; priority will be given to submissions from North America and Europe.
PROOF OF CONCEPT PRESENTATION
- projects must qualify as feature-length (narrative or documentary);
- projects must qualify as “genre” in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller;
- projects must have at least 20% of their production financing confirmed; be seeking to close financing, and have yet to enter into production
- proof of concept video runtime must be 2-5 minutes in length;
- submissions can originate from any territory; priority will be given to submissions from North America and Europe;
- at least one lead member of the team (director/lead producer) must be available to present the project in Cannes.
The Frontières Platform in Cannes is a dedicated section of industry programming & networking events for the genre film industry at the Marché du Film. The Frontières Platform is a co-presentation between the Fantasia International Film Festival and the Marché du Film – Festival de Cannes.
Frontières Platform Programme includes :
- Proof of Concept Presentation– Presentation of proof of concept videos from projects in advanced financing, followed by an invitation-only networking lunch.
- Buyers Showcase– Presentation of genre films in post-production, seeking sales agents. Sales agents, distributors, and festival programmers are given an opportunity to discover genre films in progress.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a project in the Market for applications to its International Festival participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890