Slamdance Film Festival 2022 | Feature
Call for entries
(Feature films, all genres)
The Slamdance Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2022 edition.
* Slamdance 2022 will combine an in-person festival in Park City and an accessible virtual experience for everyone to enjoy. Films officially selected for the 2022 Slamdance Film Festival may be presented in Park City, online, or both — depending on emerging circumstances.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
Please note that the only difference in the early submission deadline versus the final submission deadline is the fee discount.
- Features (narrative & documentary) must be over 40 minutes.
- Competition is reserved to first feature films (narrative or documentary).
- Features must not have any distribution, commercial or at festivals, in the U.S.
- Participation in online film festivals is allowed.
- Films must have a budget under $1 million USD.
The Slamdance Film Festival began in 1995 and runs parallel to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. The festival, programmed by filmmakers, is dedicated to emerging directors. Slamdance presents 30 features and 70 short films.
The COMPETITION is reserved to first-time feature directors. BREAKOUTS is designed to serve directors beyond their first films who maintain distinct visual styles and a unique cinematic voice. All genres of shorts are accepted, and all short film sections are qualifying categories for the Annual Academy Awards®.
A considerable number of Canadian features and shorts were selected and have won awards in recent years.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a feature or a short film in the Festival for application to its International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890