61st San Francisco International Film Festival
Call for Entries
(Feature-length and short films)
The San Francisco International Film Festival is currently accepting applications for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival.
- Submission format: DVD, up-loaded via Withoutabox.com or Vimeo links.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2017;
- Feature length films must be over 50 minutes and short films must under 50 minutes;
- All genres are accepted (narrative, documentary, animation);
- Must be in English or subtitled in English, for both the selection process and the official screening;
- Films that have screened theatrically in the San Francisco Bay Area, or at other local festivals, or broadcast on any kind of support, are not eligible for inclusion in the SFIFF.
The San Francisco International Film Festival, renowned for its commitment to celebrating the art of film, has been presenting films from around the world since 1957.
For 15 days, the Festival screens around 160 films to more than 70 000 movie-lovers.
First features by new filmmakers are eligible for the $10,000 USD New Directors Prize.
Cash awards are also handed out to winning films in the sections for narrative films, documentaries, and shorts.
The winner of the Best Short is eligible for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ best short competition (live action and animated), as long as it has not previously been broadcasted on television or the Internet.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal