31st International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
Call for entries
(Documentaries – Features and Shorts)
The International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam is currently accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: online screener
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry Fees: Yes
- Creative documentaries and new media projects of any length;
- For competitive sections, only world, international and European premieres are accepted. Priority is given to world premieres;
- Films and videos at the festival will screen in English or in their original versions with English subtitles;
- Screening formats accepted: DCP (2K/4K). Presentation of other formats and video systems requires authorization from the Festival;
- Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are not eligible.
The International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam was founded in 1988 in order to stimulate the national and international documentary culture. Since its foundation, IDFA has developed into one of the most important documentary film festivals in the world. The festival is an exciting meeting place for directors, producers, buyers, financiers and audiences alike.
IDFA looks for documentaries that are interesting from a stylistic point of view, or are particularly innovative and relevant to social issues. IDFA programmes some 250 new documentaries in a number competitive sections rewarded with cash prizes.
Parallel to the festival is Docs for Sale, a marketplace where producers and sales agents offer creative documentaries to buyers during the IDFA, and the Forum, IDFA’s international co-financing and co-production market, one of Europe’s largest gathering of filmmakers, commissioning TV editors and independent producers specialized in documentary.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection to this Festival as part of its Success Index and offers travel grants to selected films and projects through the International Marketing and festival participation program.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal