53rd Chicago International Film Festival
Call for entry
(Features and Shorts – All genres)
The Chicago International Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2017 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
Submission format: Vimeo Link, DVD or Blu-ray
Submission fees: Yes
- Open to feature-length (fiction, documentary and student productions) and short subjects (under 40 minutes and student productions);
- Films must be completed after September 1st, 2016. Entries previously submitted to the Chicago International Film Festival are not eligible;
- US premieres are given priority. Entries that have screened publicly in Chicago, have had theatrical run in the US, aired on US television, are available for purchase on DVD in North America or available for continuous online viewing in their entirety prior to the festival will not be eligible for a festival screening;
- Short films (under 40 min) are exempt from the online viewing restriction;
- All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles;
- Screening Formats: 35 mm, DCP, HDCam.
Since its inception five decades ago, the Chicago International Film Festival has celebrated the best that the world of film has to offer with the belief that movies can involve an audience by challenging, entertaining and inspiring them. It has remained true to the spirit of discovery for over four decades. It is North America’s oldest competitive international film festival.
The winners of the Best Short Film and Best Documentary Short awards at the Chicago International Film Festival – one of 60 festivals around the world recognized by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills – are eligible to be considered by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences for the Academy Awards®.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal