Who can apply
Canadian distribution and production companies in search of financing for the marketing and distribution of their feature film project(s).
Overview of the program
- Priority is given to films that have been funded through one of our financing programs
- The Marketing Program looks to support innovative marketing activities that will lead to increased theatrical accessibility and enhanced opportunities on digital distribution and multiple viewing platforms
Overview of eligibility requirements
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must be either a distributor or a producer that is a Canadian controlled corporation
- must either be the production company that produced the film and that continues to hold all the distribution rights in Canada, or the distribution company that holds all the distribution rights to the film in Canada
- key personnel must be either Canadian citizens or permanent residents
All projects must meet the following criteria:
- be a feature length film that either is being or has been funded at the production stage under a production program
- is or will be either certified by the Canadian Audio-visual Certification Office (CAVCO) as a “Canadian film or video production” or recognized as an official treaty coproduction by the Minister of Canadian Heritage
Please consult the guidelines below for specific eligibility requirements.
The program is now open.
A new version of the Marketing Program guidelines now available.
Updated Essential Information Guide
A new version of the Marketing Program Essential Information Guide is now available.
Updated List of required documents
A new version of the List of required documents is now available.
Updated Marketing budget Template
A new version of the Marketing Program budget template is now available.