This program supports Canadian organizations active in film, television, or digital media.
Who can apply
Canadian organizations in search of financial support for their events open to the general public and for initiatives that are principally aimed at industry professionals.
Recurring events now include those covered under the former Festivals Performance Program.
Overview of the program
There are two types of eligible activities:
- Events: mainly, film festivals, national awards ceremonies (film, television, or digital media), or alternative distribution networks for Canadian audiovisual works, primarily intended for the public.
- Initiatives: specific promotional activities aimed at raising the profile of Canadian content or talent, or business or professional development focused on promotion. Initiatives can be offered to the general public or to Canadian professionals in the film, television or digital media sectors.
A simplified application process is available to activities previously financed by Telefilm, and that have not undergone any significant change(s).
Overview of eligibility requirements
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Canadian-controlled corporation working in the film, television or digital media sectors
- have its head office in Canada and carry out its activities in Canada
- key personnel must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
Please consult the Guidelines below for specific eligibility requirements.