EURIMAGES – European Cinema Support Fund
Canada is the 39th member country of the Eurimages – European Cinema Support Fund and the first non-European member country. Eurimages promotes independent filmmaking by providing financial support to feature-length films, animation and documentary films. In doing so, it encourages co-operation between professionals established in different countries.
Overview of the programs
Following Canada’s adhesion to Eurimages, Canadian production companies with an eligible coproduction project can now access the Co-production Support Fund.
Who can apply to the Co-production Support Fund
Canadian production companies with an eligible coproduction project with at least one other member country.
Please consult the official audiovisual coproduction treaties along with the guidelines, specific eligibility requirements and other helpful tools on the coproduction section of our website.
For other programmes, please refer to the eligibility criteria detailed in the section Support Programmes of Eurimages.
How to apply
- There are three deadlines per year.
- A project can only be submitted to Eurimages once.
- Applications are made online to Eurimages directly by the majority producer only.
- Projects declared eligible by the Secretariat are then assessed by Co-production Working Groups comprised of independent external experts.
- The Board of Management and Executive Commitee are made up of national representatives from each member country and establish selection criteria.
- Producers wanting to submit a project are invited to contact their national representative.
- Please consult the calendar and the deadlines for co-production and exhibition support.
Overview of eligibility requirements
Please consult the Eurimages website below for specific eligibility requirements.
Applications must be submitted online via the Eurimages website.
For any question/inquiry
Marielle Poupelin, Specialist, International Business Development is Canada’s national representative. Producers must contact her via the phone number indicated below.
Toll free: 1-800-567-0890