EURIMAGES – European Cinema Support Fund
Canada is the 38th member country of the Eurimages – European Cinema Support Fund and the first non-European member country. This program, through the Council of Europe, aims to support the coproduction of cinematographic works between member countries.
Who can apply
Canadian production companies with an eligible coproduction project with at least one other member country.
Please consult the official audiovisual coproduction treaties along with the guidelines, specific eligibility requirements and other helpful tools on the coproduction section of our website.
Overview of the program
Following Canada’s adhesion to Eurimages, Canadian production companies with an eligible coproduction project can now access the European Cinema Support Fund.
Please note: information sessions will be held in each of our four regional offices. Subscribe to our industry advisories to receive the latest information.
How to apply
- There are four deadlines per year.
- A project can only be submitted to Eurimages once.
- Applications are made online to Eurimages directly by the majority producer only.
- The Board of Management, made up of national representatives from each member country, meets following each application deadline to evaluate submitted projects.
- Producers with a submitted project must contact their national representative at the earliest opportunity, prior to the Board of Management meeting.
- Please consult the Board of Management meetings calendar.
Overview of eligibility requirements
Please consult the Eurimages website below for specific eligibility requirements.
Applications must be submitted online via the Eurimages website.
For any question/inquiry
The Executive Director, Christa Dickenson, and Marielle Poupelin, Specialist, International Business Development, are Canada’s national representatives. Producers must contact them via the phone number indicated below.
Toll free: 1-800-567-0890