Talent to Watch Program
- Project type
- Feature-length film
- Project stage
- Emerging talent, Canadian film production companies
The Talent to Watch Program supports emerging filmmakers looking to finance the production stage of their first feature film project(s).
The Talent to Watch Program has three streams:
- Industry Partner Stream: For projects that are recommended by a Designated Industry Partner.
- Festival Selection Stream: For emerging filmmakers who have directed a short film that was selected at a recognized film festival.
- Filmmaker Apply-Direct Stream: All Key Members of the Creative Team must be:
- People of Colour;
- Gender-diverse individuals;
- 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals;
- Persons with disabilities; and/or
- Members of an Official Language Minority Community
Who can apply
Canadian-controlled companies that:
- Operate as a film production company.
- Are owned and controlled by one or more members of key creative team of the project.
Key members of the creative teams of all submitted projects must be emerging talent.
Under the Industry Partner Stream, projects are submitted by Designated Partners.
Information about the program
Please review the documents for full program and stream details, and eligibility criteria.
IT support is only available on business days until 5:00 pm EST.
The program is now closed.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest updates.
February 16, 2022
Upcoming webinar on March 1, 2022
Changes to the Talent to Watch Program Information Session.
Please consult the details to register to the webinar.
October 7, 2021
Updated guidelines and essential information guide
A new version of the Guidelines and the Essential Information Guide are now available.
Apply for funding
Please read our How to apply page for more information on the application process.
Applications must be submitted through Dialogue.
Declarations and affidavits
For all financing agreements entered on or after April 1, 2016, the latest ARRs must be applied.
For all financing agreements entered between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2016, the ARRs published in 2014 must be applied.
For all financing agreements entered before April 1, 2014, the ARRs published on January 1, 2006 must be applied.