This program supports Canadian production companies looking to finance the development stage of their feature film project(s).
Who can apply
Canadian production companies in search of financing for the development stage of their feature film project(s).
Overview of the program
- Eligible applicants may submit their project or portfolio of projects at any time during the program’s opening period
- For the most part, financing will be attributed automatically based on the total score of the applicant
- For existing clients, you can now access the total score assigned to your company along with the allocated funding amounts online
- Selective round financing:
- open to clients who are eligible to apply, but have not yet achieved a score
- four groups are targeted, namely members of Aboriginal and official minority communities, and emerging talent
Overview of eligibility requirements
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Canadian controlled corporation, with its head office in Canada and carry out its activities in Canada
- operate as a feature film production company
- have produced at least one Canadian fiction feature film with a theatrical release in the last five years
- key members of the development team must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
Please consult the Guidelines below for specific eligibility requirements.
For admissible companies that have not achieved a score as of April 15, 2016 or that have released a feature film between March 31, 2016 and October 7, 2016
Region(s): Atlantic region, Quebec, Ontario and Nunavut, Western region
Language(s): French, English