COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund – Telefilm Allocation: Details and criteria now online
Following the announcement that Telefilm Canada will be responsible for allocating part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations, Telefilm wishes to inform you that the details and application process criteria are now online. Telefilm will be accepting applications starting on Wednesday, May 20.
The emergency funding announced by the federal government is part of a multifaceted funding ecosystem and will be allocated in a way which complements—not duplicates—other measures for which screen industry workers and companies are eligible. These new funds will help companies in Canada’s film, television and interactive digital media sectors ensure continuity of operations and safeguard jobs.
Telefilm is using a streamlined process to speed up payments. A dedicated team of full-time staff members will handle the distribution of these funds.
Some important elements:
- Emergency assistance is allocated to the operating parent company of each group of companies in proportion to their participation in each project funded over the last three fiscal years (the period from April 1, 2017, to March 31, 2020).
- The assistance is paid by the organization that has provided them with the most funds for this period among the following: Canadian Heritage, Telefilm Canada, Canada Council for the Arts and Canada Media Fund.
- Companies are categorized by tier, based on their funding history, which determines the amount allocated.
- Up to 15% of the Emergency Fund is dedicated to providing additional support to under-represented communities.
- Funding requests must be submitted via Dialogue between May 20, 2020 and 8:00 pm (EST) on June 12, 2020. For this purpose, a Dialogue account and an authorized account administrator are required.
- The amounts allocated are non-recoupable but taxable.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the most recent information on the COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for Cultural, Heritage and Sport Organizations, please click here.