Telefilm announces Production Program details for fiscal year 2022-2023
Telefilm Canada would like to inform Canadian producers of changes to the Production Program and opening dates. These changes were made as part of Telefilm’s program optimization process and are the result of several months of Canada-wide consultations with industry members.
For projects with a budget of $3.5M or more, there are two application periods:
April 11 to 25, 2022
For projects with a budget of less than $3.5M, and the Indigenous stream, the opening dates are February 7 to February 21, 2022.
For audiovisual co-production treaties with a minority Canadian co-producer, the dates are January 4 to August 31, 2022, subject to the availability of funds. Please contact your Feature Film Executive before applying.
For audiovisual co-production treaties with a majority Canadian co-producer: during one of three specified opening periods, based on the total project budget.
For post-production applications – French-language projects, the opening dates are January 4 to August 31, 2022, subject to availability of funds. Please contact your Feature Film Executive before applying.
For post-production applications – English and diverse-language projects: during the three specified opening periods, based on the total project budget.
- Projects in diverse languages are now eligible. More details will be released shortly.
- Having an eligible distributor is only required for projects with an overall budget of $3.5M or more, regardless of language.
- The “two strikes” rule will be discontinued for the 2022-2023 fiscal year to take into account the pandemic’s impact on the industry.
- Funding participation is increased for projects with budgets between $1.5M and $3.5M.
- The cap on “greenlight” funding has increased.
The Production Program will introduce Telefilm’s next phase of data collection enhancements. Details will be shared through an industry advisory in late fall.
Guidelines, and the Essential Information Guide that must be read in conjunction with them, as well as eligibility and assessment criteria, and other important information, are available on the program page.