Telefilm Canada announces dates for industry outreach sessions to present the Production Program for 2021-2022
February 12, 2021 – Following Telefilm Canada’s announcement on opening dates and new guidelines for the Production Program, one pan-Canadian and five regional virtual outreach sessions will take place between February 17 – 24, 2021.
The presentation, which includes program updates, guidelines and the application process, will be the same for all sessions.
In an effort to expand Telefilm’s financing programs to ensure support for creators from underrepresented communities, Telefilm is holding a dedicated session to provide an opportunity for engagement with these creators, namely those who are Indigenous, Black, people of colour, as well as members of LGBTQ2+ communities and people with disabilities.
English-speaking minority communities are welcome to attend any of the English-speaking sessions.
Please register for the session(s) of your choice here:
- Pan-Canadian session intended for underrepresented communities: Wednesday, February 17 at 2pm EST – Bilingual (simultaneous translation available)
- Atlantic region: Thursday, February 18 at 3pm AST – English
- The Prairies, the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories: Friday, February 19 at 1pm MST/2pm CST – English
- Ontario including Nunavut: Monday, February 22 at 2pm EST – English
- Québec and French-Speaking Minority Communities: Tuesday, February 23 at 2pm EST – French
- British Columbia, the Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories: Wednesday, February 24 at 10am PT/11am MST – English
Once you are registered, a link will be provided via email the day before your session.
As a reminder, all applicants are highly encouraged to review the Guidelines and the Essential Information Guide, in order to understand the updates made to the program. The documents are available on the Production Program page.