Telefilm Canada-supported coproductions receive funding from Eurimages
Toronto/ Montréal, July 15, 2019 – Three Telefilm-supported projects were awarded financing at the 155th Eurimages Board of Management meeting, held in Geneva on June 28. A total of €898,000 was given between the three films.
Recipients of the funding were:
Saules aveugles, femme endormie (Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman)
Director and writer: Pierre Földes (France)
- Cinema Defacto, Miyu Productions, An Original Picture (FR)
- Doghouse Films (Luxembourg)
- micro_scope (Luc Dery and Kim McCraw), Unité Centrale (Galilé Marion-Gauvin) (Canada)
A lost cat, a voluble giant toad and a tsunami help an unambitious and schizophrenic accountant and his frustrated wife to save Tokyo from an earthquake and find meaning in their lives.
La nuit des rois (Night of the Kings)
Director and writer: Philippe Lacôte (FR)
- Banshee Films (FR)
- Peripheria Productions (Yanick Létourneau) (CA)
- Wassakara Productions (Ivory Coast)
The MACA in Abidjan is West Africa’s largest prison, entirely controlled by its prisoners. On the night of the red moon, a young prisoner is chosen and forced to tell a story to survive.
Director and writer: Igor Drljača (Canada)
- SCCA/Pro.Ba, Topkapi Films BV (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Timelapse Pictures (Albert Shin), Gearshift Films (Borga Dorter) (CA)
When a chance encounter brings together two teens from opposite sides of life in post-war Sarajevo, a blossoming romance conceals their desperate motives.