Telefilm Canada releases 2021-2022 annual report and announces annual public meeting
Telefilm Canada’s annual report for fiscal 2021-2022 is now available. Telefilm’s annual public meeting will be held virtually with the board of directors and senior management sharing last fiscal year’s results and priorities for the future on November 23 (see event details below).
Over the last year, Telefilm strengthened its resolve to be a partner of choice for the Canadian screen industry as well as a solid, reliable administrator. With the extension of the Short-Term Compensation Fund for Canadian Audiovisual Productions, the renewal of its mandate as administrator of the Canada Media Fund, and new funding secured to support the recovery and reopening of the arts and culture sector. Among other things, Telefilm and its team were able to support the industry’s entire ecosystem and help Canada’s stories reach audiences at home and around the world.
2021-2022 annual report highlights:
- Telefilm obtained additional funding from the federal government amounting to $105M over three years and $35M over two years for the Recovery and Reopening Funds.
- 135 festivals accessed Canadian Heritage’s Reopening Fund, administered through Telefilm’s Promotion Program via the General Admission, Limited Edition and new Open Access streams.
- The modernization of Telefilm’s programs continued. In this regard, funding programs as well as decision-making processes were reviewed to be as inclusive as possible, and advisory committees were created to better reflect Canadian society.
- To optimize its social impact, Telefilm introduced a new data-collection mechanism aimed at better understanding and supporting members of the film community, their projects and their needs.
- Telefilm launched an environmental responsibility action plan to guide and support the industry through informed business practices and science-based policy and goal-setting.
- Telefilm maintained a virtual presence at national and international festivals throughout the year (TIFF, Cannes, Marché du film, MIFA, Sunny Side of the Doc) as well as a physical presence with the Canada Pavilion at MIPCOM (October 2021).
- Telefilm was awarded Women in Governance Parity Certification, bronze level.
- As an employer of choice, Telefilm pursued initiatives to retain talent and attract new professionals while remaining committed to fostering a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects Canadian society.
Invitation to attend the annual public meeting:
Wednesday, November 23, 2022
1:00 pm (EST)
- A live stream with English audio will be available here.
- A live recording with bilingual audio will be available on LinkedIn.
Questions for the Q&A period for Telefilm’s board of directors or senior management may be submitted prior to the event at firstname.lastname@example.org.