The Development Program opens on July 4, 2017 on the new platform Dialogue
Montreal, June 29, 2017 – Telefilm Canada wishes to inform all those interested in the Development Program that, in anticipation of the program’s opening, all clients must have an account on our new platform, Dialogue, to access the amount to which they are eligible and/or to submit their application.
June 30, 2017: Available funding amounts will be accessible on Dialogue, our new online platform. Production companies that have not yet opened a Dialogue account must do so quickly to be able to access their score and avoid delays in the processing of their application.
July 4, 2017: Program opening – Automatic stream
- Opened to clients who will have received a score, according to their track record. They will not have access to the Selective stream
October 30, 2017: Program closing – Automatic stream
- IMPORTANT: Clients eligible to the automatic stream (who have a score) will not be able to apply after this date
November 2–13, 2017: Program opening – Selective stream
- Exclusive submission period for applications under the selective stream
- During this period, the program is accessible to eligible clients who have not obtained a score
What’s new in the Development Program
- Production companies submitting women-led projects (projects written in French, English or Indigenous by a female writer and developed with a female producer) now have access to additional funds
- Now open to production companies who have already produced a film under the Micro-Budget Production Program within the past five years
- Now open to creators who have already produced a theatrically released documentary
- Streamlined application process and reduced number of required documents
- New support available for creators from British Columbia, thanks to a joint initiative with Creative BC. Production companies from British Columbia who receive less than $30,000 in development funding from Telefilm may receive a top-up amount from Creative BC to reach $30,000 in total funding
For further details, as well as updated versions of the guidelines and the FAQ, please visit our website.