Telefilm Canada announces opening dates for Marketing and Promotion programs—applications to be submitted via Dialogue
- Applications to the Marketing Program must now be submitted via the Dialogue online client platform
- Development Program to be migrated to Dialogue in summer 2017
Montreal, March 30, 2017—Telefilm Canada is pleased to announce the opening dates for applications to its Marketing and Promotion programs for fiscal 2017-2018. All Promotion Program applications—as well as, for the first time, those for the Marketing Program—must be submitted via the Dialogue online client platform, which is being implemented gradually by Telefilm.
- Marketing Program opening date: April 6, 2017
- Promotion Program opening date: End of May 2017
- Promotion Program closing date: December 15, 2017
Modernizing our client service
Telefilm’s Dialogue online client platform is gradually replacing eTelefilm. Dialogue is the result of a joint initiative between Telefilm and the Canada Media Fund (CMF).
Last year, Telefilm started to migrate some of its programs to this new agile, responsive platform. The CMF have also progressively migrated several of their programs. Over the coming months we will be phasing out the use of the eTelefilm system and replacing it with Dialogue.
It’s a one-stop shop that offers a simplified experience to clients through automation and centralized communications. As a cloud-based system, Dialogue is accessible from any Web browser, including mobile. Clients are finding that completing the funding application process is speedier, more efficient and more intuitive.
The remaining programs and services in the migration process are Telefilm’s Development Program, coproduction applications as well as festivals and markets calls for entry; all are expected to move to Dialogue in the summer of 2017.
What do I need to do?
Depending on when you submitted an application, you may need to take action now or later on. Identify which of the following situations applies to you to know what actions to take:
You submitted an application before April 1st, 2017 via the old system (eTelefilm)
- You have no action to take. Your application will be administered in the old system (eTelefilm) for now. Access your eTelefilm account as per usual.
You submitted an application before April 1st, 2017 via the new platform (Dialogue)
- You have no action to take. Your application will be fully administered on Dialogue. Access your Dialogue account.
You are planning to apply after April 1st, 2017
- You will first need to create an account on the new platform. The procedure may vary depending on whether you already have an eTelefilm account or not. Consult our Website for complete details.
Marketing Program: Distributor Information Sessions
As noted above, applications for the Marketing Program must now be submitted online via the new platform Dialogue. To facilitate the application process, Information Sessions for Canadian distributors wishing to apply will be organized in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more details.