Telefilm Canada launches Promotion Program’s General Admission Stream
February 15, 2021 – Telefilm Canada is announcing the terms, conditions and application deadlines for the General Admission Stream of its Promotion Program.
The Promotion Program provides financial support for promotional activities held in Canada that showcase Canadian content and talent. The General Admission Stream will provide streamlined funding to smaller and emerging film festivals across the country that stimulate audience demand for Canadian content.
This stream also aims to support a balanced portfolio of festivals in terms of regional representation and type of festival (including, for example, festivals whose main mandate is to showcase and promote works of creators from underrepresented groups who have not historically had equitable access to industry opportunities).
- Telefilm will review applications received during each application period on a first-come, first-served basis.
- One-time Telefilm contribution of $5,000.
- Applicant film festivals must feature a minimum of 10% Canadian works in their programming.
- This first application period is open to festivals taking place between April 1 and September 30, 2021. Another opening period is planned for festivals taking place between October 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
- Festivals that have already obtained funding for events held between April 1 and June 30, 2021, will have to wait until the next eligibility period in 2022.
- Opening: February 23, 2021
- Closing: February 26, 2021
All applications must be submitted online via Dialogue. Prior to submitting an application, new applicants are encouraged to contact their regional representative through email@example.com. In addition, in order to facilitate access to the program, question and answer sessions will be held in the near future.
All applicants are encouraged to read the Guidelines and the Essential Information Guide , available on the Promotion Program web page.