Telefilm Canada launches Promotion Program’s Limited Edition Stream for Existing Clients
Earlier this year, Telefilm Canada announced the General Admission Stream, the first of three streams under the Promotion Program. Today, Telefilm announces the terms, conditions and application deadlines for the Limited Edition Stream (the second stream) of its Promotion Program.
Given the impacts that the COVID-19 pandemic has on the industry, the intent of this Limited Edition Stream is to help maintain steady financing opportunities for festivals and film markets in 2021-2022, taking into account the drop in revenues and additional costs of viewing platforms.
In addition, Telefilm has reoriented the structure of the Promotion Program by type of activity (festivals, conferences, trainings, etc.) to better serve the needs of clients. The review of this program will continue as part of Telefilm’s modernization initiatives.
- This new Limited Edition Stream will open for existing clients who have received financial support from Telefilm under the Promotion Program in fiscal 2020-2021 or, if their last edition was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in fiscal 2019-2020
- Festivals which received funding of $5000.00 and less under the Promotion Program in the past fiscal year should apply to the General Admission Stream
- Information on the third stream (which finances national award ceremonies, alternative distribution networks, conferences, training and galas) will be announced in the coming weeks
- All eligible applicants will be informed of their eligible amount of financial participation by May 14, 2021, subject to compliance with the Stream’s criteria
- This Limited Edition Stream will be opened from May 17, 2021, to June 21, 2021, for festivals and film markets to be held between May 17, 2021, and December 31, 2021
- Another opening period will be announced for festivals and film markets taking place between January 1, 2022, and March 31, 2022
All applications must be submitted online via Dialogue. All applicants are encouraged to read the Guidelines and the Essential Information Guide, available on the webpage of the Limited Edition Stream.