Telefilm Canada relaunches the International Promotion Program for fiscal 2022-2023
Telefilm Canada is relaunching the International Promotion Program for fiscal 2022-2023 with updated Guidelines and Essential Information Guide now available on the Program webpage.
This Program is opened to Canadian companies specializing in the production, distribution, and sales of Canadian short and feature-length films (drama or documentary) or coproductions officially selected at an international festival recognized by the program. Canadian production companies formally invited to take part in an eligible coproduction forum can also apply.
Opening date: April 19, 2022
Closing date: February 24, 2023, subject to availability of funds
- Extended reality (XR) and television series, in addition to short and feature films, are now eligible to receive funding under this program (refer to Appendices A – E to see the lists of festivals selected for the applicable format).
- Additional international events have been added to Tier 2 in Appendix A.
- Increased minimal funding for all events (listed in Appendix A – E) from $1,500 to $2,000.
- Additional funding available for short films (listed in Appendix B) for a maximum of $4,000 per short film.
- Some International initiatives supported by Telefilm will be eligible to facilitate team participation.
- Enhanced funding flexibility to cover eligible costs related to the travel of the project’s Canadian cast & crew members and the promotion of the project at festivals.
It is recommended that applicants comply with the Government of Canada’s Travel Advice and Advisories for travels outside of Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please read the updated Guidelines, Essential Information Guide and other supporting documents before applying to the International Promotion Program.