Telefilm Canada updates its Theatrical Documentary Program
The Program will open September 8, 2017 and will close September 22, 2017
Montreal, August 16, 2017 – Telefilm Canada announces important updates to the Theatrical Documentary Program as well as the Program’s key dates, following annual consultations with the Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC), with the collaboration of the Rogers Group of Funds.
- Opening date: September 8, 2017
- Closing date: September 22, 2017
- The minimum production budget is now $400,000, for production financing. There continues to be no minimum budget requirement for post-production assistance.
- Applicants may now access a combination of Telefilm and Rogers financing if they obtain an agreement in writing between the project’s Canadian distributor and an online video service available to Canadians to have the project shown in Canada within two (2) years of its completion.
- Theatrical distribution is still required.
Updated program guidelines have been published on Telefilm’s website. Please visit the Theatrical Documentary Program’s web page for details.
Telefilm Canada recently updated the Production and Theatrical Documentary programs, as announced on July 6, 2017. These updates included:
- New encoding and official languages availability obligations
- Changes to Telefilm’s financial participation for projects with budgets less than $2.5M
As well, it is important to note that, for the first time, applications to the Theatrical Documentary Program will be managed on Dialogue, Telefilm’s new platform. Existing eTelefilm account users and new clients should visit our web page and follow the steps to either transfer their eTelefilm account to Dialogue or create a new account before submitting their application.